Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine's

My initial plan for valentine was to have a nice quiet dinner in a hotel somewhere, but I wasn't feeling too well last weekend. So after a quick nap on Sunday morning, I asked HY whether he would mind if we cancel the dinner plan and just go out for lunch instead. I guess I just don't find Valentine's day as a special day cause you have 365 days in a year (366 days in a leap year) to show someone that you care... since HY was up for anything, I decided that we could go for ramen in Pacific Place. The place called Sanpachi.

It's a small restaurant in the middle of the food court. But I was feeling unwell and the thought of eating warm ramen with sesame soup was just what I needed. We ordered Tonkatsu Ramen (small portion for me, large portion for HY), Onigiri, extra chasu, sauteed spinach with butter, and some warm drinks for me. Here's what mine looks like :)


I always love to sprinkle extra sesame seeds on my soup to begin with, eat the ramen, and leave the chasu for later. I love that the ramen was nice and chewy, unlike many Japanese restaurants who use egg noodle for its ramen. The chasu tasted very sweet, and tender that HY ordered extra portion for himself. The onigiri as mediocre compared to the onigiri I used to have as student in Melbourne. The spinach was just spinach.. at least I ate some vitamins and fibre.. hihihi... Overall, my husband who's quite hard to please was happy with the food... Yeaaayyy...

After the ramen session, I craved for some desserts. A meal is not a proper meal without any desserts... So we went to Pan-O. They profess to sell pancakes from all over the world. I gotta say I was quite surprised with the wide variety of menu selection. I had chocolate pancake with cheese, almond flake, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream... I was in heaven.... HY had blintzes with cheese, cream, raisins, and strawberry ice cream. We shared a berry drink. Here's what my pancake looks like :)

credits:google image

I have to say that both of our order were good. I liked the different taste offered within one single dessert, the different texture and sensation. Imagine spongy softness of the pancake mixed with crunchiness of nuts, while the warmth of freshly made pancakes was mixed with the coldness of ice cream. This is why I LOVE DESSERTS!

After two rounds of food, we were beat... so we went to get some groceries at Kem Chick and went home for another nap (I was feeling unwell remember?). For me it's a perfect way to spend a Sunday (and a valentine's day)...

HY and I would like to say...
Happy "belated" Valentine's day and Chinese New Year for everyone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment