Monday, April 19, 2010

Review - Kitchenette Restaurant

HY and I went out for dinner last night with his family at Kitchenette. It’s a newly opened concept restaurant, part of the Ismaya Group located in Plaza Indonesia. I’ve walked passed Kitchenette a couple of times, but HY and I are not a big fan of fancy restaurant so we’ve never tried it. But since my sister in law was craving for it, so we all went there.

We had to wait for about 20 minutes before we got a table. It wasn’t an unpleasant wait for me, but then I never really mind waiting. When we were shown to our table, our waiter greeted us warmly and explain the menus and recommendations. HY ordered the house specialties called Galettes, which is basically a French style savory crepe, with meat/cheese/eggs/veggies fillings. I ordered pasta, just to be safe. HY’s family ordered pastas, steak, chicken teriyaki and we all ordered our drinks. I had frozen affogatos, which were DELICIOUS coffee, but made me sleepless until about 2am.

Overall, it was a good meal. HY loves the Galettes (he actually ate 2 portions of Galettes!). Everyone is generally happy with their meals and plan to come back next weekend to try other food on their menus.

I didn't bring my camera and cannot find any picture of the restaurant online, as it was only opened recently. But next time, I'll bring along a camera so you can see the restaurant and meals ordered....

Ambience/Atmosphere: 4/5
Food & Drinks: 4/5
Portion: 3.5/5 (HY had to have 2 Galettes, but the steak ordered by my sis-in-law was huge)
Price: 3.5/5 (Dinner for 5 cost over Rp 600k, approximately US$70)
Would I return: Hell yeah! Just be prepare to wait for your table and meal as they're always full.


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment