Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Style – LWD (Little White Dress)

I used to shop a lot during spring and summer. In the past, I blame it on the weather, or euphoria of people around you, or the crazy Christmas Sale… (Yes, I used to live in Australia, so we have a Christmas summer wonderland instead…).

Now I’m back in a two season country, but I still get excited from all the pretty summer clothing, accessories and cosmetics released in the northern hemisphere… In my defense, buying summer clothing makes very much sense in humid Indonesian weather. I have noticed that the during summer, dresses trend has shifted from the must have LBD (Little-Black-Dress) to a light summer LWD (Little-White-Dress). I’ve gotten away wearing off-white dresses to work by pairing them with dark colored blazers and black pumps, and wore them on Friday as part of my casual Friday outfit. But I’m planning to live in white mini dresses, white flowy dresses, and white tailored dresses during the weekend. Especially during my two week holiday in Europe, I’m planning to pack all things white! That way, I won’t have to think of matching up my clothes, or what make up to pack, etc etc…


image source: shopbop.com

Here two of my favorites casual LWD look. The first one a mini dress from Nanette Lepore (rrp. $148) and the second one is a beaded neck mini dress from Shoshanna (rrp. $385).

I’ll probably wear them with brightly colored sandals like the fuchsia jelly strappy sandals from Diane von Furstenberg or a jeweled metallic sandals.
image source: shopbop.com, shopstyle.com

While for a more formal occasion, I love Elizabeth & James Tube Dress (rrp $385) and a loose beaded dress also by Shoshanna (rrp $405).
image source: shopbop.com

I’ll pair these dresses with a nice tan colored strappy sandals, and probably jeweled! I love this Jeweled Heels by Giuseppe Zanotti.

image source: google image

If you are budget conscious, try these dresses from ASOS and Forever 21…

L-R caption & source (all Forever 21): Rosette Sheen Dress (rrp. $22), Fresh Floral Dress (rrp. 15), Dot Embroidered Woven Dress (rrp. $25), Doodled Silk Dres (rrp. $28)


L-R caption & source (all ASOS): Twisted Slinky One Shoulde Dress (rrp. $65), Criss Cross Back Sundress (rrp. $30), Linen Wrap Dress (rrp. $68), Two In One Ruffle Front Pencil Dress (rrp. $68)


Do you love this trend? or hate it? I'm just glad I found an excuse to hit the shop... :)


XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment