Thursday, June 24, 2010

What beauty items to pack for Summer Holiday?

Tomorrow, I’m departing to London to visit my sister and to go on a two weeks cruise around Northern Europe. I’m packing light since I don’t wanna be dragging huge suitcases around Europe and into our small cabin. Also, I’ll probably do some major haul overseas, so I’m reserving extra space for all the goodies bought overseas. So I’ve been thinking of what make-up items should I be packing for the trip.



Here are my considerations:
1. I’ll need light make-up during the humid summer, so only light foundation and bases are needed.
2. Summer means bright colors and tanned skin, so I should leave muted colors at home
3. Activities are gonna be outdoorsy type of activities, so I need to bring something sweat resistant and provide SPF protection
4. There are more formal events/activities held at night (i.e. dinner, show, or clubbing), so I would need some smokey shadows suitable for an evening out.

Looking at the list above, I’m thinking of dragging my whole vanity table with me. I’ve actually spent days sitting in front of my vanity table to plan what I should pack for the holiday and here’s my shortlist.

1. My normal skincare routine by ROC
2. ROC Minerasol SPF 50+ for my face and banana boat sweat resistant for the whole body
3. Chanel Teint Innocence Fluide Foundation, MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, and Urban Decay De-Slick in a tube.
4. NARS loose powder in Flesh (for more coverage) and Shu Uemura translucent powder (for lighter coverage)
5. Brushes for face: Bobbi Brown mini kabuki, MAC 129, Duo Fibre Brush, Essence of Beauty dual ended concealer and foundation brush. Brushes for eyes: MAC 249, MAC 217, any blending brush, angled brush
6. Maximum of 4 Blushes: MAC Marine Life Highlighter, NARS Luster, La Femme Blush on Rouge Stormy Rose, BBSB Nectar/Copper Diamond (can’t decide yet). I’m not taking any of my cream blush as they might ‘melt’ on my skin after a couple of hours
7. MAC eye shadow in Jest, Yoghurt, Beautiful Iris, Shale, Amber Lights, Carbon, Brill, Contrast. I’ll probably hand carry them in MAC Pro Palette x4 eye shadow.
8. NARS Niagara Lipstick, NARS Manhunt Lipstick , NYX Round Lipstick in Georgia, Rouge G de Guerlain in Georgia, NARS Frisky Summer Lipgloss
9. MAC fluidline in Blacktrack, Macroviolet and brown (I can’t remember its name!)
10. Eyelash curler and Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara (cos it’s the only one I have open).

I’m gonna pack tonight and really really hope I’m not gonna add anything to my make-up bag… or HY will probably banned me from buying anymore beauty products since he’ll be the one stuck dragging my HUGE suitcase all over Europe *sweat*.

I’ll see you all in two weeks…. Adios….

XOXO,

1 comment: