Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm baaaackkk... from my family summer cruise holiday ;)

I'm back from my two weeks cruise holiday with my family. We (all nine of us, including my sister who already lives in London) have planned and booked for a cruise holiday on the Baltic since the beginning of the year. So I've been saving up and looking forward for the cruise for almost 6 months!

Before I continue rambling on, here is a snapshot of my HUUUUGGEEEE(!!!) Beauty Haul. Well, I basically spent most of my money buying beauty products(and chocolates).


If you want to know what I bought in detail, come back in a few days as I'll write more about what I bought in a separate post... This post is dedicated only for the trip... :)



Our flight arrived in London (via Dubai) on Saturday afternoon, where we spent less than 2 days to see London, which is basically consist of taking a sightseeing tour on a double-decker bus while taking heaps of picture, meeting some friends over dinner, and shopping like a mad headless chook!

On Monday morning, we packed up our bags and loaded them to the chartered van (I counted 19 luggage, big and small)... which takes quite a while... and were driven to Dover to board our cruise ship. From the moment we boarded the ship, we simply lost track of time and days. All we planned for was... "what's for dinner?"... or "which restaurants are we going?".... or "does anyone wanna watch tonight show?"... or "what am I gonna wear today?".... or "are we getting off at the port tomorrow?"...

So, within 2 weeks time we managed to visit London (UK), Copenhagen (Denmark), Warnemunde & Rostock (Germany), Tallinn (Estonia), St. Petersburg (Russia), Helsinki (Finland), and Stockholm (Sweden). We managed to hunt local delicacies, eat like the locals, bought and drink alcohol and beer from every country, buy a little something (including local cosmetics) at each countries, sleep for 8-10 hours a day, and take good and crappy pictures for the whole 2 weeks. I'm proud to report that I gain 0 kilos... as I run on the treadmill like crazy everyday, just so I can keep up with HY's eating frequency... lol!

It was such an amazing time and two weeks seemed not long enough. When I was waiting to board our flight back to Jakarta, I started to miss being with my family again (my parents and grandparents actually stayed back for an extra week to attend my sister graduation).

Here are some of the not-so-crappy pictures. Just click on them to see larger sized pictures. If HY's not smiling, he was probably sleepy or hungry.... My Dad has a stern face by default... and I'm the designated-map-reader, so I was holding the map in most of the pictures... :)


Overall, I had an awesome time. I feel so lucky to go on my first cruise ever before I'm 30. Even though 80% of the cruise passengers are elderly, I still have a lot of fun. HY and I take the trip as an early anniversary celebration ;)
Now I gotta save up for my next cruise holiday (hopefully in 2012! just like in the movie!!)... This time I'm thinking somewhere more exotic... a trip in the Mediterranean perhaps....

XOXO,

1 comment: