Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review - Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

This is my first time writing a review for skincare product because I used to think that most skincare products are mainly similar in terms of formulation  and varied greatly in terms of packaging and advertisement (so does cosmetics actually, but buying new skincare products is like a hit and miss attempt for me with more miss than hit). So I don't usually bother trying out new skincare and rather splurge on cosmetics instead. However, as my skin got quite rough with quite a few breakouts due to my previous fertility treatment, I was keen to try on new skincare products during my cruise holiday.

My sister introduced me to the Liz Earle skincare brand, a UK beauty brand whose philosophy of creating simple, fuss-free products which are gentle and effective for all skin types. At first, I was hesitant to try it, but my skin was in such bad conditions I thought I had nothing to lose (except around £13).


So we went (more like dashed through the store) and buy the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser starter kit. It cost £13 which consists of 100ml of the cleansing cream, 2 muslin cloths and an instruction card on how to use it, all stored in a in a small zip pouch.




Here’s the instruction on how to use it.
1. Fill a basin with hand-hot water.

2. Apply 1 or 2 pumps of Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser onto dry skin and use your fingertips to gently massage the cream over your face and neck. Work in circular movements from the centre of your face outwards. Massage over your eyelids and eyelashes last to avoid spreading eye makeup over your face.

3. Rinse the pure muslin cloth in hand-hot water and wring it out so it's damp, not wet.

4. Use the muslin cloth to wipe off the cream using a clean section for each part of your face. Place a single finger inside the cloth to thoroughly clean more awkward areas such as around the nose. Be gentle around your eye zone when removing eye make-up. Rinse the cloth thoroughly during cleansing.

5. Rinse your skin in cool water and carefully pat dry using a soft towel. Rinse the muslin cloth thoroughly and allow it to air dry naturally.

6. Follow this routine morning and night then use Instant Boost Skin Tonic before massaging in Skin Repair Moisturizer to finish.

Muslin cloth care: To keep your cloths fresh and clean pop into a 40° white wash after every 2 uses, allow to air dry naturally.

I have tried it for almost 4 weeks I have not looked back since! My first time using it was during the cruise around Eastern/Northern Europe, so the cleanser creamy texture seemed suitable for the dry and windy weather. I didn’t notice any significant difference, but my skin felt much smoother after being lightly scrubbed with hot muslin cloth. But I love the warm and refreshing smell, especially after a long day at work (or at play), so I kept using it. When I went back to Jakarta’s hot and humid weather, I kept using it and hoped I won’t end up with clogged pores and breakout. However, after almost 3 weeks I realized that my skin has cleared up significantly. My skin has become much smoother with fewer whiteheads. Even my acne scars look lighter in color. So the first thing I did was to call my sister and ask her to get me some more of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser since it’s not available in Indonesia.

The only thing I dislike is the fact that I have to wash the muslin cloth by hand every time I finished using it and pop it in washer every two days. But I guess having a clean and disinfected muslin cloth is essential to avoid more breakouts, so I still do it.

Here are some of my own tips when using Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish:
  1. I always clean my eye make up using an eye make up remover and cotton wipes before using Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to avoid spending waaay too much time cleaning the muslin cloth afterward.
  2. Apply the cleansing cream on dry face to help the absorption of all the nourishing ingredients to your skin
  3. I usually place the hot muslin cloth on my face for a couple of seconds before wiping the cleansing cream off my face.
  4. Rubbed the muslin cloth gently over your face as well as your lips, to help rid of dried flaky lips.
  5. Wash the muslin cloth with soap and warm water. Afterward, soak it for about 5 minutes in warm water with antiseptic solution such as Dettol to avoid nasty bacteria breeding on your muslin cloth.

In overall, it's a great product for its price and when my stash run out, I will definitely repurchase (and probably venture on Liz Earle's other products... I'm eying their Superskin range at the moment...) Now... if only I can find the range somewhere closer to Asia....

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment