Saturday, May 22, 2010

FOTD - Feelin' the Blues for Work

I work in "one of the world's largest professional service firms". I'm serious, I coppied the quoted text out of wikipedia! Anyway, everyone are expected to wear dark colored suits, light colored shirt, closed toe shoes, and wear toned down conservative looking make up to work. So basically, no silver glittery shoes allowed and matching silver glittery eye make up is definitely frowned upon. It's a pity cause I love dressing up, doing my hair, and wearing lots and lots make up...

I usually wear minimum make up to work and compensate this by spending hours getting all dolled up on weekends. But then I realized that I've got enough make up to last me a life time (or maybe more). This year I made a commitment to use more make up, so that more are applied on my face rather than thrown away as they passed their shelf life. So I've been spending an extra 10 minutes in the morning... dolling up for work... but still too lazy to grab a camera to do FOTD. Since I got a new Nikon SLR D5000 for my birthday, I made another commitment to a lot of picture, even if the object is completely crappy (like my dolled up lazy face in the morning).

So, here's my first FOTD ever! \(^o^)/
I'll start with an EOTD actually, I'm a bit shy to show my face.... ~__~
Eeepss... Sorry I wasn't standing straight! That Nikon SLR is damn heavy...
I think I need a new tripod...



Here are a list of what I use.
Face:
- MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NC15
- MAC Mineralized skin finish natural powder in medium
- Shu Uemura translucent loose powder

Cheek:
- Illamasqua cream blush in Promise
- MAC Petticoat Mineralize Skinfinish

Eyes:
- MAC Prep + Prime eye shadow primer (as I was planning to go out on a movie date with HY after work...)
- MAC eye shadow in Electra (all over lid), Freshwater (blended on crease), Contrast (for outer V)
- L'oreal HIP gel liner in Midnight Blue
- MAC Technakohl liner in Greyprint for my waterline
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black
- Anna Sui eye brow powder in 02

Lips:
- MAC Slimshine in Pleasing

And here is my dolled up sleepy face, ready for work… NOT! (I didn't even blow dry my hair... geez...)

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment