Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review - Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara

I love buying mascaras, but I have a principle of only having 1 mascara open at any time. Thus, I don't have any favorites when it comes to mascara as I don't get to compare whatever I am currently using with other mascaras.

Anyway, I recently tried Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Blasting, which was ordered online since we don't have the Lash Blast where I live. Here's my take on my new mascara...



Formula: It's unlike many other drugstore brand mascaras, CG Lash Blast is not clumpy, even if you apply it in layers. I tried the non waterproof Lash Blast and it really does not smudge.

Brush: The brush is what made me wanted to try the mascara in the first place. The bristles are kinda HUGE, firm and ORANGE. Teehee..

sorry for messing up the mascara all over my eyeliner. I applied them in a hurry...

Result: It does quite a good job. It volumises my lashes, but not sure it does anything to lengthen them. Since my main concern is finding a mascara which volumises and does not clump when applied, CG Lash Blast does the job perfectly. I also love how the firm plastic-ky bristles lift and separate my lashes, making it looks thicker and natural. It's suitable for every day office make-up. An extra point from me for having a non-clumpy formula, as I usually applied my mascara while driving to work (on the red light of course). So clumpy and messy mascaras are big no no for me.

In the past I lean towards higher end brand like Lancome or tubing mascara like L'oreal Double Extend, but most clumps really really badly when applied in layers. So I'm happy to find an alternative drug store brand mascara for everyday use...

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment