Friday, May 21, 2010

MAC Viva Glam Cyndi

I’ve always been a lip gloss girl rather than a lipstick girl. There is no apparent reason of why I prefer lip gloss over lipstick. Even when I do a full eye make up, I’ve rarely reach for my lipstick. So I tend to splurge on blushes and eye shadow in the past.

But lately I’ve been getting more and more lipstick and getting used to the idea of lightly applying lipstick before getting off my car to work. So when I heard about MAC Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga, I was determined to get my hands on either one…. or BOTH!

I hunted Viva Glam lipstick by calling all MAC counters in Jakarta, and finally went to MAC counter in Grand Indonesia, which is the closest to my office building. They only had 2 Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick left and none of Viva Glam Gaga. Oh well, one is always better than none…

So, here’s my take on Viva Glam Cyndi…



Color: Bright reddish coral with slight luster finish. As coral seems to be THE color for summer, I’m loving the brightness of this lipstick.

Texture & Application: I don’t usually go for MAC lipstick other than slimshine because they’re too drying on my lips. But I find that some luster and cremesheen lipstick can work on me, with the help of my trustee Lancome Vinefit Lip Nectar. Viva Glam Cyndi applies easily and smoothly. I didn’t even need a lip brush to apply it on my lips.

Packaging: It comes in a black and red lipstick tube for Viva Glam collection. But MAC printed Cyndi Lauper’s signature on the lipstick and its box. As I’m a sucker for cute and limited edition packaging, I’ll be keeping the empty lipstick box in my closet!



Now... If I could only find Viva Glam Gaga somewhere....

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment