Friday, May 28, 2010

Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss

I’m a big fan of lip glosses with strong punchy colors and always on the look out for them. I don’t like lip glosses that are too shiny, glossy and sticky as they can look unnatural and after a while sink into fine lines on my dry lips. When I heard about Illamasqua, which many people referred to as the MAC of UK, I was firstly drawn to their cream blushes, not to its lip glosses.

I recently got my hand on one of its Intense Lipgloss in Follow, which is a bright blueish red gloss which is low in shine and more opaque in color. The lip gloss has a diagonal plastic applicators (similar like juicy tubes), which makes it more hygienic than other lip glosses with wand applicators and easier to apply on the go.



In the tube it looks shockingly bright. Thus, I tried applying it really sheered out on my lips and I fell in love with the color. It gives enough punch of color to my lips, but still safe enough for work make up. Then I tried layering it to get the intense color like the tube. I don’t usually wear really bright red lips, but I love it. It’s the right blueish red color for my skin tone. Unfortunately I’m not confident enough to walk around during the day with really really bright lips… maybe soon though…


I swatched it quickly at night, so it wasn't perfect ;)

I have tried wearing it sheered out for work a couple of times and it lasts around 6 hours throughout morning coffee and lunch without any touch up. I had another round of coffee after nearly 8 hours wearing it and being ever forgetful, wipe my lips with tissues. It does fade a bit after 6 hours, but you can definitely still see the color on my lips.

Texture-wise, I love its slight glossiness and the fact none of my hair sticks to my lips during the day (which always happen when I have MAC lipglasses on). Also, it does not sink into fine lines at all! A big YEAY for my dry cracked lips.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss, except for its price ($19 from sephora or £12.50 from Illamasqua website for 7ml or 0.2oz of lipgloss). But I guess for a high end lip gloss, it’s definitely worth the price. I’m hoping to get my hands on more color (and more Illamasqua blushes) when I visit my sister in June…

XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment